We run a thriving hotel business out of a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. We are looking for an outgoing, bubbly person who thrives in other peoples company, to run our bar for the coming winter season 2022/2023. You will be part of a 11 person team who are all striving to deliver a memorable experience for each guest.
We have 11 beautiful bedrooms that sleep 24 – 30 guests and are situated in the heart of Morzine in the Haute Savoie region. Many of our guests return year after year to experience skiing in the Portes du Soleil, which is one of the worlds largest international ski areas with over 650 kilometers of piste.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Create a pleasant and inviting environment for guests to enjoy a drink.
- Serve alcoholic / non alcoholic drinks and cocktails.
- Keep the bar and sitting room clean and tidy.
- Maintain the open fire, adding logs when necessary.
- Responsible for cleaning the communal areas adjacent to the bar.
- Ensure the bar is well stocked and a weekly stocktake is carried out.
- Clear away afternoon tea at the start of the evening.
- Lock up the bar and The Farmhouse at the end of the night.
- Be well presented and smart at all times. Including a black shirt/blouse, black trousers/skirt and black shoes when on duty in the evening.
- You will need to work well on your own and be used to late nights.
- As everyone else, you will have to be flexible and at times you will need to cover another member of staffs duties.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Central and comfortable shared accommodation in The Farmhouse.
- Full Portes du Soleil Ski Pass.
- Ski or snowboard hire, including boots.
- 3 Meals a day.
- Two days off per week. One full day and two half days.
- Competitive wage.