We run a thriving hotel business out of a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team for the coming winter season 2023/2024. You will be supporting our Head Chef in all aspects of the kitchen at The Farmhouse.
We have 11 beautiful bedrooms that sleep 24 – 30 guests and are situated in the heart of Morzine in the Haute Savoie region of France. Many of our guests return year after year to experience skiing in the Portes du Soleil, which is one of the world’s largest international ski areas with over 650 kilometers of piste.
You must have an EU passport or Carte de Séjour to apply for this position.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Catering for 20-30 Farmhouse guests each day. Dinner numbers will rise occasionally to between 60 and 100 for events such as Weddings.
- Assist in preparing a hot and cold breakfast each morning, as well as a daily special.
- Assist in the preparation of a 4 or 5 course set menu each evening, as well as canapés and petit fours.
- Assist in making afternoon tea fresh everyday – including biscuits and cakes.
- Cook a healthy meal for the staff to be served early evening. This will extend to any Farmhouse guests who are children and require an earlier meal.
- Cater to any requested dietary requirements and preferences, e.g vegetarian, vegan, gluten free.
- You will be responsible for stock control, weekly stocktakes, shopping duties, accounting and budgeting.
- You will take charge of the kitchen on the chef’s days off.
- During service you need to organize the rest of the kitchen and waiting staff to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure the kitchen/storerooms are kept to a very high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure all washing up is completed before leaving the kitchen at each shift.
- Be well presented and smart – wearing clean chef whites and an apron at all times.
- You will need to work well in a team and be used to early mornings and late nights.
- As everyone else, you will have to be flexible and at times you will need to cover another member of staff’s duties.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Central and comfortable shared accommodation in The Farmhouse.
- Ski or snowboard hire, including boots.
- 3 Meals a day.
- Two days off per week. One full day and two half days.
- Competitive wage.