We run a thriving hotel business out of a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team for the coming winter season 2022/2023. You will be responsible for running all aspects of the kitchen and be working alongside our Chef de Partie.
We have 11 beautiful bedrooms that sleep 24 – 30 guests and are situated in the heart of Morzine in the Haute Savoie region of France. Many of our guests return year after year to experience skiing in the Portes du Soleil, which is one of the world’s largest international ski areas with over 650 kilometers of piste.
RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Catering for 20-30 Farmhouse guests each day. Dinner numbers will rise occasionally to between 60 and 100 for events such as Weddings.
- Prepare a hot and cold buffet breakfast each morning, including a daily special.
- Prepare a 4 or 5 course set meal each evening, as well as canapés and petit fours.
- Make delicious biscuits and cakes for afternoon tea everyday.
- Cook a healthy meal for the staff to be served early evening. This will extend to any Farmhouse guests who are children and require an earlier meal.
- Cater to requested dietary requirements and preferences, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free.
- You will be responsible for stock control, weekly stocktakes, accounting and budgeting.
- You will take charge of shopping duties and ordering of supplies.
- During service you need to organise the rest of the kitchen and waiting staff to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure the kitchen/storerooms are kept to a very high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure all washing up is completed before leaving the kitchen at each shift.
- Be well presented and smart – wearing clean chef whites and an apron at all times.
- You will need to work well in a team and be used to early mornings and late nights.
- As everyone else, you will have to be flexible and at times you will need to cover another member of staff’s duties.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Central and comfortable accommodation in The Farmhouse.
- Full Portes du Soleil Ski Pass.
- Ski or snowboard hire, including boots.
- 3 Meals a day.
- Two days off per week. One full day and two half days.
- Competitive wage.